Saturday, March 05, 2005

Tonight...

Well, I'm turning things around. I threw away some $$ that I didn't have to, but they were fairly tough hands to get away from.

Hand #1: Dealt JJ. Raise to $1.00. Only callers are in the blinds. Flop is 222. Bet $2.00 into the $3.00 pot. One caller. Uh-oh. No way he has a 2. Higher pair? Bet $5 on turn, he flat calls again. WTF. Bet more on river, he raises, I can't give him credit, but yup, he was playing K2o. I lost most of my stack.

Three hands later, same board. I get QQ and lose all-in to AA.

Down like 30-32 bucks in a few minutes on that table. Luckily I was up about $15 on the other table. But still, I was seriously ticked off at this point. Had to get up from my tables, walk around, talk to myself a little.

But I kept my focus! I need to put in more hours, so I got back to work. And I worked and worked and I got to a point where I was UP for the night! Yes!!

Then the very, very last hand of the night. I'm just playing until the blinds come around, then I'm done. It's almost 1:30 in the morning after all. What the heck, maybe I'll get a free premium hand. Yup, here it is. AK utg. I raise to $1.00. I get an all-in re-raise from a short stack. These short stacks can re-raise all in with anything or nothing, so I'm not worried and call. Everybody else folds. Sure enough, he has A3s. He catches a fricking 2, 4, and 5 and beats me with the straight. Unbelievable. So that's 5 bucks down the tubes.

Night's totals: 90 minutes, +$7.50. Not a great win rate, to say the least, but it IS a winrate despite a couple of tough breaks & bad playing hands. Without that river 4 to complete his straight, I am up about 17-18 bucks instead. Crap! But oh well, I'll take it.

Mostly calling stations giving me their money tonight. Always love to see those!

Somehow I remember my losing hands way better than my winners tonight.

Gnight. Way way past bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home